Tuesday, November 4, 2008

final project

The sub-topic that I have decided to do my final project on is woman/gender based violence. I have chosen this topic because the reading of Ramaphele Challenges of citizenship tells us that violence is on of the challenges that the citizens of South Africa are faced with. In particular gender based violence. Ramamphele claims that “Although democracy acknowledges the voices of all citizens, the degree to which ones voice is heard depends on socio- economic status.”(2008,34) I feel that socially women have been made to feel less important than men and therefore that is why they are vulnerable to be abused by men.
The images that I have chosen for the movie are images that show victims of violence and some of the images show men beating up the women. Some of these images are sensitive but its reality.
What inspires me about this topic is that this is something that is an issue that affects everyone it might not be directly but it is affecting people in societies that we belong to.

No comments: